The Chillicothe Fire Department responded to a fire at a trailer home at 315 East Polk Street in Chillicothe on Monday afternoon. The owner was listed as Larry Kinsella.
Upon arrival at Shady Valley Trailer Park, firefighters found a single large mobile home that was completely engulfed. The fire was located mainly in the middle of the house on the east end. The department launched a defensive attack to extinguish the fire using two-handed lines with a water / foam mixture. There was a small shed next to the trailer which was also on fire with debris.
Chief Eric Reeter said firefighters found several extension cords ranging from separate two meters in the residence. The owner was at the scene and advised that the extension cords power a small refrigerator, cell phone charger and hot plate.
The ministry cited the owner as stating that he does not normally live there but does stay there occasionally and that he had been there Sunday evening and on leave and Monday. He added that he arrived at the residence and noticed smoke coming from inside. He opened the south side door and noticed flames in the living room. He said the hotplate was placed on a low table.
The Chillicothe Fire Department used about 3,000 gallons of water to extinguish the blaze with fire department personnel on the scene for over an hour.