Flatbet trailer extensions

North Side Travel Trailer Fire

North Side Travel Trailer Fire

Tour Commander, 509.625.7100

Friday, April 22, 2022 at 5:08 p.m.

Just after midnight on Friday, April 22, the Spokane Fire Department (SFD) responded to a reported trailer fire on the 500 block of East Gordon Ave.

Crews from the Logan and Hillyard neighborhood fire stations arrived on the scene within minutes to find a trailer fully involved in the blaze. The fire had spread to two other vehicles that were nearby, and the combined heat melted the siding and cracked the windows of a nearby house. An aggressive attack on the fire prevented it from spreading through the house and resulted in complete extinction within minutes of arriving.

A full search of the trailer found no one inside. Neither the firefighters nor the civilians were injured. The incident is still under investigation by the SFD’s Special Investigations Unit.

Educational message for the media:

Make sure all heaters are kept at least 3 feet away from any burning material. Children and pets should be kept at least 3 feet away from heaters and open fires. Portable heaters should be turned off when you leave the room or house and when you go to bed. Be sure to keep portable heaters on a solid, level surface. They should be kept out of doors or high traffic areas of the home. Portable heaters should be plugged directly into wall outlets. Do not use extension cords or power strips to power heaters, as this could cause cords to overheat and pose a fire hazard.


Source link