Publisher THQ Nordic and developer Grimlore Games have shared news Reinforced SpellForce III the console controls trailers, showing how the RTS/RPG hybrid plays on a controller.
As we all know – strategy games and/or city building games tend to work best with a good old mouse and keyboard – however, developers can adapt their complex user interfaces and varied game controls to working on a simpler controller, on consoles.
Grimlore Games teases that you’ll be able to ensure enough workers collect wood and iron, keep production of new Spearwielders and Hunters going, and finally rally your main army and heroes, to hit the enemy base. – all that in less than 30 seconds
here is the Reinforced SpellForce III the console controls the trailers:
Xbox Controller Walkthrough
PlayStation Controller Walkthrough
Here is an overview of the ports:
SpellForce III Reforced is a unique blend of an epic RPG storyline mixed with accessible real-time strategy elements, designed to deliver an engaging console experience for fans and newcomers alike.
The year is 518. The rebellion of renegade mages, known as the Mage Wars, has been suppressed by the Crown. However, it was a Pyrrhic victory: entire regions have fallen into anarchy, refugees roam the lands in search of shelter, and a mysterious deadly plague called “Bloodburn” has appeared and is rapidly spreading.
- Innovative blend: Unique gameplay naturally blending RTS and RPG
- Simplified for consoles: Intuitive gamepad integration and tailored UI to smoothly control a strategy/RPG mix with complex mechanics
- Create and customize: Create your own hero and choose between distinct skill trees
- Single Player Campaign: Presenting the dark and thrilling story of the long misunderstood Trolls and their fight for survival, with a playtime of approximately 20 hours
- Build to fight: Raise your own army and fight epic mass battles
- Epic storyline: Immerse yourself in a rich world – Uncover the secrets of the current situation in Nortander. Explore Eo, a fully realized world filled with interesting characters and heartbreaking stories.
- Make new friends – Assemble your party from a diverse cast of companions who not only complement your skills in interesting ways, but also impact the narrative. Manage their skills and equipment to ensure victory on the battlefield.
- Choose your side: Strengthen and command one of three factions – Elves, Orcs and Humans. Prepare your troops and fight the mother of all battles. Play strategically, taking advantage of terrain, troop formations, visibility, spotting, and more.
- Live an epic story: Enjoy 30+ hours of fully voiced campaign alone or with friends in campaign co-op mode. Compete against opponents of all skills in online battles.
Reinforced SpellForce III console releases were previously delayed to June 7 on Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 4, and PlayStation 5.